EDIT: Hey new viewers! I don’t really update this blog anymore, so please check out my Tumblr – Remixin
A couple of days ago while messing around with possible Halloween makeup, I came up with this:
I think it came out really well, so I decided to post a tutorial for it. I think this would work with any color of lipstick and any color of glitter, so it’s perfect for modifying to your color preferences. I like the black base because it really sets off the color and sparkle, but I also think a glittery red or hot pink lip would look *AMAZING*.
This time I decided to try a different color over the black base, and chose pink. My only pink glitters are MAC’s Very Pink Reflects and Neon 60s. But Neon 60s came out rather surprising…
Yowza! Pink, purple, blue, and black… all my favorite colors😀
GLITTER LIPS TUTORIAL
What I used:
All MAC stuff: 316 lip brush, greasepaint stick, Feline kohl power liner, She-Zam dazzleglass, clear lipglass, Reflects Very Pink and Neon 60s glitters.
Important: DO NOT rub your lips together at any time during this process. This requires very pigmented and thick products that will most likely get on your teeth and clump pretty badly. It will look terrible. SO DON’T DO IT. Resist the urge. Please be aware that this look is not practical at all and really should not be worn places where eating/drinking are necessary! The price of having sparkly wonderlips😉
1. Start with clean, bare lips. (My lips are kind of dry, so I used lip balm and blotted it off to prime them without adding a layer that would affect color application).
2. Use the greasepaint stick to line and fill your lips until the entire surface is matte and black. You should be able to get fairly good definition of shape using this. If you want, you can line beforehand with Feline e/k or any black pencil liner (chola status? haha) or afterwards to perfect the shape (my preferred method).
I don’t think this looks that great, because the paintstick is kind of drying. For a nice matte black lip though, you could stop at this stage and just add a non-shiny balm overtop.
3. Add your preferred gloss, using the lip brush to gently paint the gloss on (I try to avoid getting black color into the lipgloss tube!). I like the super-sparkly silver MAC She-Zam dazzleglass:
4. Get your preferred glitter. Still using the lip brush, pat the glitter gently in a small area at a time to get a nice covering. DO NOT smear. I like to just do it in the center of both lips (not all the way to the edge) so the black still shows. This is with Very Pink:
5. Using the clear lipglass and the lip brush, gently paint the gloss thickly over your lips. Again, do not rub your lips together. Done properly, this creates a very slick, sparkly look.
Now, that looks pretty neat.. the MAC Reflects glitters are very finely milled, so it looks kind of like a dazzleglass, just more extreme. But I really wanted sparkle, so I decided to add the other glitter, Neon 60s. (again adding gloss over the top)
So there you have it! Hope this tutorial was helpful. If anyone tries this for Halloween or otherwise, I would love to see pics of different color combinations of glitter and color